PLEASE NOTE: You can browse through a selection of relevant website links by going to our del.icio.us page.
In this section you will find materials that have been produced during the course of the Library and Information Science Education 2.0 project, including discussion papers that will update readers as to the progress of the project and preliminary findings. Eventually the final report to the ALTC, as well as the Guiding Principles for LIS Education 2.0 and the Web 2.0 Skill and Knowledge Framework case studies will be available to download as well.
Keep checking back, as this section will be continually added to – future updates will be announced via blog posts on the main page.
KEY RESOURCES LIST
Key Resources List (PDF, 1,122KB)
The following papers provide information on the project including preliminary findings, and will be released progressively during the course of the fellowship. They are being produced as a way of encouraging open critical discourse and reflection on an important topic within the library and information science discipline. They will also serve as an important part of the project’s evaluation and dissemination strategy. Your critical comments and questions are therefore encouraged and welcome.
Discussion Paper One (PDF, 542KB): “Library and information science education 2.0: guiding principles and models of best practice: project summary”
Discussion Paper Two (PDF, 468KB): “The skills and knowledge of librarian 2.0: preliminary findings”
(Discussion Paper Three coming soon)
- Partridge, H. (2008) Do we need library and information science education 2.0? Reality 2.0. Australian Library and Information Association – Special Library Association Seminar Series for Information Professionals, Brisbane, 11 September 2008.
- Partridge, H. (2008) IM education and careers. National Information Management Skills Summit, Brisbane, 15 October 2008.
- Partridge, H. (2008) Library and information science: The ever-changing profession. Griffith Library Community of Practice Forum 2008, Griffith University, Brisbane, 20 November 2008.
- Partridge, H. (2008) Library education: The future is now. Queenlsand Public Library Association Annual Conference, State Library of Queensland, Brisbane, 19-21 October 2008.
- Partridge, H. (2009) Becoming librarian 2.0. CAVAL People in the Information Profession Conference, Victoria University, Melbourne, 15-16 October 2009.
- Partridge, H. (2009) Becoming librarian 2.0. Oslo University College, Oslo, Norway, 13 November 2009.
- Partridge, H. (2009) Librarian 2.0: The most adaptable to change!? Australian Law Librarians’ Association Evolution Conference 2009, Darwin, 2-4 September 2009.
- Partridge, H. (2009) May we work in interesting times: Librarian 2.0 and beyond. CAVAL Reference Interest Group, Information Literacy in Interesting Times Seminar, Melbourne, 25 November 2009.
- Partridge, H. (2009) Survival of the fittest: Professional education in Australia. Queensland University of Technology’s ALTC Fellows’ Seminar Series. Gardens Point Campus, Brisbane, 21 July 2009.
- Partridge, H. (2009) Transformation in the contemporary workforce: Impact of new technologies on professional education. SCDC Seminar Series. James Cook University, 1 October (Cairns Campus) and 2 October (Townsville Campus) 2009.